The International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE) aims at promoting scientific and practical excellence on Web Engineering, and at bringing together researchers and practitioners working in technologies, methodologies, tools, and techniques used to develop and maintain Web-based applications leading to better systems, and thus to enabling and improving the dissemination and use of content and services through the Web.
The Twelfth International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE 2012) will be held on July 23 - 27, 2012 in Berlin, Germany.
The conference fosters original submissions covering, but not restricted to the following topics of interest:
- Web application engineering
- Processes and methods for Web application development
- Conceptual modeling of Web applications
- Model-driven Web application development
- Domain-specific languages for Web application development
- Component-based Web application development
- Web application architectures and frameworks
- Rich Internet Applications
- Mashup development and end user Web programming
- Patterns for Web application development and pattern mining
- Web content management and data-intensive Web applications
- Web usability and accessibility
- I18N of Web applications and multi-lingual development
- Testing and evaluation of Web applications
- Deployment and usage analysis of Web applications
- Performance modeling, monitoring, and evaluation
- Empirical Web engineering
- Web quality and Web metrics
- Adaptive, contextualized and personalized Web applications
- Mobile Web applications and device-independent delivery
- Web service engineering
- Web service engineering methodologies
- Web Service-oriented Architectures
- Semantic Web services
- Web service-based architectures and applications
- Quality of service and its metrics for Web applications
- Inter-organizational Web applications
- Ubiquity and pervasiveness
- Linked Data Services
- Web data engineering
- Semantic Web engineering
- Web 2.0 technologies
- Social Web applications
- Web mining and information extraction
- Linked Data
- Web data linking, fusion
- Information quality assessment
- Data repair strategies
- Dataset dynamics
- Dataset introspection
- Linked Data consumption, visualisation and exploration
- Deep Web
- Web science and Future Internet applications
Submission of abstracts: March 4th, 2012 (23:59 Hawaii Time)
Final submission deadline: March 10th, 2012 (23:59 Hawaii Time)
Notification of acceptance: April 15th, 2012
Camera-ready version: May 1st, 2012
Authors of the research and industrial papers track must explain the relationship of their work to the Web Engineering discipline in their submissions. Research papers must comprise substantial innovative discussion with respect to the related work and must be well motivated and presented.
Extension: Papers must not be longer than 15 (fifteen) pages.
Format: Paper submissions should be formatted according to the LNCS guidelines.
Submission place: Submissions shall be accepted only through the ICWE 2012 Submission site on EasyChair.
Publishing of accepted works
The conference proceedings will be published by Springer-Verlag as an LNCS volume. Official proceedings will include: full papers (15 pages), demonstration papers (4 pages) and posters (4 pages). Workshop papers and contributions to the doctoral consortium will be published in a separate volume, in the Springer LNCS series too.
Final versions of accepted papers must strictly adhere to the LNCS guidelines and must include a printable file of the camera-ready version, as well as all source files thereof. No changes to such formatting rules are permitted. Authors of accepted papers must also download and sign a copyright form that will be made available on the Web site of the conference. Each paper requires at least one author to register to the main conference.
Selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version to a special issue of the JCR-indexed Journal Of Web Engineering (pending agreement).
In case of inquiries, please contact the demo and poster chairs at: firstname.lastname@example.org