ICWE 2012 invites proposals for tutorials that will provide conference participants with the opportunity to gain knowledge and insights in a broad range of Web Engineering areas. Participants at the tutorials include scientists and practitioners, who are seeking to gain a better understanding of the technologies, methodologies, tools, and techniques used to develop and maintain Web-based applications.
Proposed tutorials can be either half-day long (3 hours) or full-day long (6 hours). Tutorial proposals should address issues related to the topics of the conference. Topics not mentioned in the topics of interest list are also encouraged as long as they are of special relevance to ICWE. Tutorials that have less than 8 early registrants will face the risk of cancellation.
Tutorial proposals must clearly identify the intended audience and its assumed background. Proposals must be no more than 3 pages and must provide a sense of both the scope of the tutorial and depth within the scope. The intended length of the tutorial (3 or 6 hours) should also be indicated, together with justification that a high-quality presentation will be achieved within the chosen time frame. Proposals should also include contact information and a brief bio of the presenters. If the tutorial has been given previously, the proposal should include where the tutorial has been given and how it will be modified for ICWE 2012. In summary, tutorial proposals must include the following information:
- Tutorial title.
- Tutorial abstract: 1-2 paragraphs describing the goals and contents of the tutorial (will be included in the conference registration materials).
- Intended Length: half-day (3 hours) or full-day (6 hours).
- Description of the tutorial providing its scope (general topic area) and depth, as well as its aims and learning outcomes.
- Intended audience and assumed background knowledge.
- Presenter(s) contact information: name, affiliation, email, mailing address, phone, fax.
- Presenter(s) short biography demonstrating that she/he is an expert on the subject of the tutorial (will be included in the conference registration materials).
- Relevant references.
- Indication if the proposed tutorial has been given previously.
- Sample slides of the tutorial, if available.
Proposals must be in PDF format and submitted electronically to the tutorial chairs (maria.bielikova at SUT Bratislava (stuba.sk) and f.abel at TU Delft (tudelft.nl)) no later than the submission deadline.
Presenters of accepted tutorials will be required to prepare a two-page summary of the tutorial by the camera-ready copy deadline to be included in the conference proceedings. Presenters should also make the slides available to the ICWE 2012 participants.
Submission deadline: February 17, 2012 (23:59 Hawaii Time)
- Notification of acceptance: April 2, 2012
- Camera-ready version: TBA
- Maria Bielikova, Slovak University of Technology, Bratislava, Slovakia
- Fabian Abel, TU Delft, The Netherlands
In case of inquiries, please contact the tutorial chairs at: maria.bielikova at SUT Bratislava (stuba.sk) f.abel at TU Delft (tudelft.nl)